Meal Prices and Information
ACPS Meals at No Charge to Students
Effective immediately, Appomattox County Public Schools will be serving meals at no charge to children 18 and under. The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has approved waivers for local school divisions and other federal meal program sponsors to implement the Summer Food Service Program to provide meals to children in the community free of charge through December 31, 2020. The waivers support access to nutritious meals while minimizing exposure to COVID-19.
The new school year requires a new meal application. Although school meals will be provided free to all children, school funding depends on completed meal applications. A new meal application must be completed if you have not already been notified that your student is approved for free meals. It is important to submit a completed meal application as soon as possible.
• Only one meal application is needed for each household.
• Applications are available online at https://www.acpsweb.net/
Meals are available to all children including those learning in-person or virtually and regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. Meals will be provided, on a first come, first served basis at the following time and location:
Appomattox Elementary School will be the pick-up site for students from all schools. Pick-up day will be Wednesdays, 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm, beginning September 16, 2020 and ending December 16, 2020.
Item Price Teacher/Adult Lunch $3.00 Adult/Student Milk $0.35 Teacher/Adult Breakfast $1.50 Breakfast A La Carte $0.75 Extra Entrée with Lunch $1.25 A La Carte Entrée without Lunch $1.95
Appomattox County Public School Food Service Department participates in the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) National School Lunch Program (NSLP), which is governed by the Child Nutrition Act. Recent changes to the Child Nutrition Act require:
- A fruit or a vegetable must be on the lunch tray
- A variety of vegetable choices offered throughout the week - including dark green, orange/red, beans and starches. Minimum and maximum calorie limits for each school
- Maximum sodium (salt) limit for each school
- Increased serving sizes of fruits and/or vegetables
- Decreased serving sizes of bread/grain
- Bread/grains must be whole grain rich (51% or more whole grain)
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the school board office at 352-8251. We hope your child will enjoy the meals at Appomattox County Public Schools and wish you a happy and productive school year!