Welcome to the Maintenance Department
Appomattox County Public Schools' Maintenance Department consists of five contracted staff members. The Maintenance Department provides maintenance and service for approximately 460,000 square feet of buildings as well as 80 acres of grounds. 5 School facilities (APS, AES, AMS, ACHS, AAEC) and 6 support buildings (School Board Office, Bus Garage, Drivers Lounge, Cannery Building, Maintenance Shop, Old Adult Learning Center, Sports Complex, Irrigation systems on 5 playing fields). Some of these sites may have more than one building. These sites range in age from 10 years to nearly 100 years old.
The major functional areas that are the responsibility of Appomattox County Public School Maintenance Department includes the Crafts of Carpentry, Electrical, HVAC, Plumbers, Grounds, Locksmith, Masons, Painters, Networking Team, Support Services team, Surplus/movers.
- Food services equipment repair
- Work with principals
- Cleaning of buildings
- Elevator Services
- Energy Management
- Environmental Services (air quality, asbestos, pest control)
- Fire Suppression Equipment
- Fire Alarm Equipment
- Grounds Upkeep / Grass, Snow removal
- Maintaining equipment and facilities
- Maintenance of our equipment and facilities
- Maintenance of our vehicles
- Moving Services
- Painting Services
- Roofing Services
- Security Monitoring Systems
- Surplus Management
- Utilities - Power, Telecommunication
- Waste Disposal, grease traps
- Video camera systems
The Maintenance Department strives to perform these diverse tasks in an efficient, timely and cost effective manner. Our mission is to provide prompt, efficient and courteous service to you. Additionally, we constantly strive to improve our service to you.