Parent Resources


Registration Information

Enrollment in VA Public Schools - Virginia Department of Education Website

  1. State-Issued Birth Certificate (How to Obtain a Birth Certificate)

  2. Proof of Residency in Appomattox County*

  3. School Entrance Health Form (3-part Form)

  4. Immunizations Record (Part II of School Entrance Health Form)

  5. All Court-Ordered Custody Paperwork, if applicable, and photo ID of Parent/Guardian

  6. Current IEP/504 Plan, if applicable

  7. Expulsion Statement

  8. Signed Request of Records Form, if transferring

*What Qualifies as Proof of Residency? Any one of the following items indicating Appomattox County residency is acceptable:

  1. Signed rental contract

  2. Signed real estate sales contract

  3. Current real estate tax receipt

  4. Electric bill or proof of electric utility hook-up

  5. Renter’s or homeowner’s insurance policy

  6. Notarized statement (2 part form):

Obtain notarized statement form from any school’s office. The person with whom the parent and child are living will sign the form in front of the notary. Submit proof that the signer of the form resides in Appomattox County (see items 1-5 above).

The following do not qualify as proof of residency:

  • Driver’s license

  • Voter registration card

  • Post office box

Should you have additional questions, please contact any school's office (phone numbers are below) or the school board office at (434) 352-8251.  

APS Office: (434)352-5766
AES Office:(434) 352-7463
AMS Office: (434) 352-8257
ACHS Office: (434) 352-7146


Immunizations: DOE enrollment specifies that all students must meet enrollment requirements and have the appropriate vaccines for school admission. Click New Immunization Requirements to read about the newly implemented requirements.